Thursday 3 March 2011

The Royal Opera House Chairs......

Well, 6 spares from a production of The Queen of Spades sit round my dining table.  I've had them for around 8 years now, and the friend I bought them from had them for a couple.  The seat and back covers are dark grey damask, and have done well and worn well, considering that they were only meant to be looked at!  But today, oh joy!  I was in our local house clearance warehouse, and found a huge length of fabric in a tiny herringbone pattern, still grey, enough for every chair to have a new seat and a new back pad for .......wait for it!.......
£12.50 - I kid you not!

Of course, will have to pay an upholsterer, but that's like free fabric, isn't it!
Sometimes luck just goes your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...