Monday 25 June 2012

Nature and Rain Vs Mrs Mac - the result!

Look at this lovely meadow at the end of June 2012 ...... it's my grass (other people would call it a lawn, but its far too full of interlopers to call it that), and it's here because later today, the man who cuts my grass will be here to mow.  But it's just so pretty I wanted a record..... it may not look like this again.  It was the result of a lot of self seeding last year, a hot start to the year, and finally, loads of rain.  This is what gardeners do - they fight nature to make the roses bigger, the lawn neater, the flowers last longer; and endeavour to free the garden of weeds.  That meadow is beautiful though..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...