Thursday 21 January 2016

Rumi - Sufi poet of 13th century

Just came across details of a book about Rumi and one of his companions/teachers.  The book didn't mean anything to me, but I had never heard of Rumi, and wondered what his poetry was like.  There is a lot of it..... but I found this one, and thought it beautiful altogether, describing his thoughts of a lover who he wanted to be with on that particular day.  Lovely isn't it?

“I want to see you.

Know your voice.

Recognize you when you
first come 'round the corner.

Sense your scent when I come
into a room you've just left.

Know the lift of your heel,
the glide of your foot.

Become familiar with the way
you purse your lips
then let them part,
just the slightest bit,
when I lean in to your space
and kiss you.

I want to know the joy
of how you whisper
"more”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...