Thursday 2 May 2019

Ooops! Mrs Mac Suggests - What to read in MAY

Life caught up!  Sorry readers, here I am in the early morning, a sunny day outside and a load of washing ready for pegging out on the line when I suddenly remembered you.  And I had no plans at all for what to read in May.  But yesterday I listened to actor Martin Jarvis reading a book on the radio, and that was it........

 I have to get hold of and read a Just William tale.  

William's adventures are just perfect (or shouldn't that read perfectly naughty?), even though written many years ago - The author captures a child's thinking so well - particularly as he's a boy and a naughty one at that!  So this month, can I suggest that you give yourself a treat and find a copy of  one of these funny books, the first of which is 

Just William - Richmal Crompton 

.............and afterwards, I may just get a set of Martin Jarvis reading the books - he's magic!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...