Friday 28 July 2017

Mrs Mac suggests - a book for AUGUST

A few days early for August, but I am a busy woman!

Take yourself off to the Southern Hemisphere this month.  

Anywhere south of the Equator is my suggestion - because there's a lot of choice.  But I am not being lazy......... I have a huge list of ready made suggestions, and this was on the list.  So go on! Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Botswana, Argentina.... just a few there.  Here's my suggestion for you.  A book set on a rugged and lonely part of the Australian coast, a woman who married the wrong man, a man who needs to hide.  A great read - and a great author too.  If you have not come across him, try this one and then try Cloudstreet.....anyway here it is, my suggestion for August:




Dirt Music - Tim Winton


No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...