Friday 1 July 2016

What to read in July


Well now - the start of the holiday season!  Or, if you have no children, or none at school, the start of that period of the year when you may be able to take the book into the garden, maybe with a jug of Pimms....

And for July, I suggest you find and read  

                                                  a book about families

Any kind of family, any size of family.... whatever.



If you can find it, a newish book from last year springs to mind -


The Truth According to Us - Annie Barrows 


*By the way, Annie Barrows is one half of the team that wrote the Guernsey Potato Peel Pie Society and whilst it was a best seller, I must say that I feel this is the better book.  Look it up - I loved it, and maybe you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...