Friday 1 June 2018

Mrs Mac suggests..... What to read in JUNE

I was out of the country for two weeks, and came back to a garden just bursting at the seams!  And lots of roses, which is nice because I only grow the old fashioned kind for the smell. D'you remember  the floribunda affair?  In the UK through the 1960s, 70s, 80s there was a proliferation of floribunda planted everywhere Lovely, and as the name suggests, each bush full of flowers.

But still.  Although very sturdy in growth and bright in colour, where was the smell?  Not saying there was no smell, but if you have ever smelt Nuit de Young you will understand why I crave the smell of an old fashioned rose.  As you can see, it's not a looker.  It also is not a repeater, so one early show and it's done.  But its smell is intoxicating.  It is just worth it.  So worth it.

Image result for nuit de young rose

Moving swiftly on now, my lovely readers, it's the approach of the summer in the UK.  I just didn't know what to suggest until I caught the title of something I had enjoyed very much a while back.  So shall we go for

a good dystopian novel?



 Don't be afraid if you have never read one, this one is a peach!  See if you can find

Station 11 -Hilary St John Mantel




No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...