Wednesday 6 May 2015

Bed and Breakfast Tales - 4

Anyone know what a Raspberry Pie is?  I thought I did.  It's something you eat, right?   Well, if (like me) you are not up on things in the I.T. world it is a pie made from fruit and that's the end of it!

Sometime last year we had a Mum and Son stay for just one night.  The son was around 8 years old, and I found myself talking to a genius when he rose early, and engaged me in conversation.  The talk was of how he was going to build stuff using Raspberry Pies.  Imagine how it felt at my age to ask an eight year old what a Raspberry Pie was!  I know little about computing, being a front end user only, but I did think to myself during this conversation that this little chap may well be the next Stephen Hawkins, or Bill Gates, or someone equally famous in his field.  Such a pity that apart from the words "Raspberry Pie", I understood little of the conversation.

I've saved his name, so that when I am seriously old, and he appears on TV being interviewed about how he changed the world, I can muse on the fact that once, just once, I cooked breakfast for a genius!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...