Monday 29 August 2016

Mrs Mac Suggests - What to read in SEPTEMBER




Well, in the UK, September is "back to school month", and so my suggestion for one of my favourite months of the year is 
a book set in a school 


From Mallory Towers  onwards, there are just loads of them.  You must be able to find something!  My own suggestion, if you have never come across it, is 

Gentlemen and Players - Joanne Harris

This is my personal favourite of all her books. Chocolat is lovely, but this is not. It is a clever thriller and one to be enjoyed in the garden perhaps with a pot of tea (no, scrub that and have a cold drink,  because the tea will get cold whilst you turn the pages!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...