Sunday 5 November 2017

Mrs Mac says OOOPs! because she forgot What to Read in November

Visitors from Canada, a completely new kitchen fitted,  complete (or nearly!) exhaustion, loss of a set of front door keys (found them) and all sorts of small stuff.  Remember that book called Don't Sweat the Small Stuff?   Sadly, whilst excellent advice, that is exactly what I have been doing for a month.  but now the cupboards are filled, the drawers are stocked, and only the tiles to go on the walls, and the new cooking facilities to be wired.  So let us move on, people!

November 11 is Remembrance Day - remembering the fallen of World War 1.  Around this time I always want to read a book either about that time, set in that time, or moving on from that time.  Sometimes that "moving on" means a book set in WW2.  Whatever I read, I am joined by a group of bookie internet friends. 

So this month I suggest you do the same - there are a lot of titles available. I am going to read


The Return of the Soldier - Rebecca West

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...