Tuesday 1 May 2018

Mrs Mac Suggests - What to read in MAY

Hello!  Well, here in the UK we have a Spring Bank Holiday to come, so people are hoping for good  weather - Spring is very changeable and sunshine cannot be guaranteed!  It could be nice.  Here's hoping.

What are we going to read then, this May month?  Well.... there's a dearth of hedgehogs here now, something that was very common 50 years ago becomes  rarer  every year.  Those little prickly creatures may even go the way of the Dodo.  So when I got a book to review with the tiniest hedgehog on the cover, I thought that it might be just the book for May.  So I'm going to read


A Handful of Happiness - Massimo Vacchetta

(Vacchetta is an Italian vet, and this is the story of his rescue and care of Ninna, a small hedgehog).

Any non-fiction about an animal (although possibly not A Street Cat Called Bob which I feel has been done to death now!), but rescued or not, there is sure to be something out there for you.

Enjoy the sun when it breaks through, my friends. 
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...