Tuesday 1 January 2019

Mrs Mac Suggests - What to read in JANUARY 19

Happy New Year!!

Here's to some good stuff in 2019, but majorly, good health and no money problems are my two  wishes to you all.

My suggestion for a January read?  I have just read a book written for children (How to look for a lost dog - Ann M Martin), which has as it's lead character a high functioning autistic child.  It made me think, a lot, about how that child functioned in the world with people  who did not really understand how her brain worked.  So my suggestion to you is to
 
look for and read a book about autism

either fiction or non fiction, long or short - you may find that like me, you laughed because of the way the child dealt with life, and cried for the same reason.  And you will be drawn into a world where you begin to understand that we are not all the same, but perhaps underneath we are mostly no different.                                                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...