Friday 29 March 2019

Mrs Mac suggests - what to read in APRIL 19

We've had some lovely Spring days - today I was out without even a jacket (until the sun started to go down, taking with it the temperature of course).  I've put in a mini pond  in my garden, in the hope that at least a toad will take up residence..... I have given him/her a little shelter, should I be lucky.  I have a post with pics (dated 31 March 19)and will do another later in the Summer.

On to reading.  In April, I want to read. Hahaha!, of course I do, I always want to read!  But what; that's the question.  I have found myself reading a lot of books set between the two World Wars, and wonder if I should pick another.  No, a decision has been made now -


 I am going to finish a series.  

With one book left on my shelves of the Lewis Cole Mysteries, it's

Hard Aground - Brendan Dubois

There is another, but just published, so I'll wait a while before ordering the last.  I found them difficult or non-existent in the UK except for the first, so I was ordering second hand from the US (and it was fascinating to find that nearly every one available were ex-library books!)  So I found myself wondering where these small towns were.....

Have a lovely reading month, everyone.                                                                                      

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you are the first person I've found who reads this series set in the southern part of my state. I'm way up north. I love this series. I have read through book 10. I must read this latest one, too. I'm so pleased you read these books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nan! yes, I love them too. Mainly because I always like a flawed hero. And I love the continuity throughout the books. No-one I know over here reads them, except for the friend I pass them on to - and he loves them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, over here! He is a busy boy as you may see here: http://www.brendandubois.com/
      And on the radio: https://www.nhpr.org/post/bookshelf-exeter-author-brendan-dubois-returns-tenth-lewis-cole-mystery#stream/0

      Delete

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...