Friday 1 March 2019

Mrs Mac suggests - what to read in March '19

Hello!  The second half of February was obliterated by a gigantic gallstone attack which laid me low and stopped me reading - what a bummer is that?!!  And watching daytime TV didn't really make up for it, either.  Anyway, yesterday I picked up a book and felt good reading a few pages, so I am off and running today, and hope that you will be too.

Spring came early to the UK with a few days of high temps and sunshine.  All my miniature daffodils are out, so are the wild primroses which appear every year in new places around the garden, as they seed themselves where they will.  So of course I could suggest reading a gardening book of some kind for March.  But that may not appeal to everyone, and I've been scratching my head.

Ahah!  let's go with
                            A book set in another country

which gives you oodles of choice!  I mean!  Crime/travel/history/love...... whatever.  You will find something easily and so will I.  In fact my next book is set in the American Midwest, and it's                

The Conditions of Love - Dale M Kushner                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...