Sunday 2 June 2019

Thalictrum Splendide - new in the garden and a hole in my bank account!

This is Thalictrum Splendide (white).   I suddenly have a lot of them hahaha........  This is the tale of how you make a mistake shopping on line.  There is a large group of Thalictrum;  most seem to be either white or pink,  and bees like them.  They will give you a lovely frothy show, and so I placed my order and bought three.  When the parcel was delivered, on opening, they had sent nine.

Image result for thalictrum splendide


 I phoned the plant nursery straight away but they were too busy to answer, so I left a message to tell them they might have sent too many.  In the meantime, I planted two groups of three, and the final three are outside the door waiting for me to make up my mind about their location.  I kept looking at the delivery note and one side quite clearly said "x 3"  whilst the final column said "9".  24 hours later they phoned me back.  Yes, the order was correct, yes they had sent nine.  I explained that I wasn't worried about a mistake, but maybe I should pay for the others because I didn't want staff to get into trouble.  But no, nine ordered, nine paid for.   When I looked back that the nursery site, I found that ordering one meant I would get three plants.  Didn't see that!  Cost me though, so here's hoping that all nine do really well!

But here's the PS.... the nursery member of staff said "Thank you for being so honest".  What?  Do people just not bother anymore?  Would this just be treated as a freebie?  What's your view?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...